ETL is the most critical component of a business intelligence solution. ETL processes retrieve data from operational systems and prepare it for analysis and reporting.
Such a tool should be easy to use, support native DBMS functionality, enable the developer to get the job done, meet project deadlines, and provide a reliable, high-performance production runtime environment.
We needed a product that would allow us to get highly-scalable open source set of tools to access, transform and integrate data from any business system and support high data volumes.
Pentaho Data Integration was the obvious choice.
Pentaho Data Integration’s offers easy-to-use interfaces allows us to do exactly what the most skilled code developers can accomplish, in a fraction of the time, and without requiring to manually code, minimizing the impact of system changes and reduce project risk. PDI tool promise quick results, improved manageability and meta data integration with other common design and implementation tools.
Pentaho ETL software provides:
- graphical designer with intuitive, drag and drop designer, powerful data transformation mappings, rich library of pre-built components;
- broad connectivity to a variety of diverse data including all popular structured, unstructured and semi-structured data sources (e.g. Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server.);
- powerful multi-threaded parallel processing engine and innovative capabilities to process massive data volumes within minutes;
- validate, standardize and identify data that fails to comply with business rules, including de-duplicate and cleanse inconsistent and redundant data;
- a complete data integration and support for business analytics platform for any big data store.
Sphere Consulting, Inc., is a global provider of software development, testing and technology consulting services. We are passionate about bringing the best commercial software to market from start up businesses to Fortune 500, as well as businesses that rely on software to drive their business growth and customer satisfaction.
As a software development company Sphere Consulting provides custom application development for web in Ruby on Rails, .NET, LAMP, Java and mobile (iOS and Android).
Our business intelligence solutions engineers are experts at creating OLAP Data Warehouses and Big Data analytics solutions with open-source and licensed tools.
We’ve proven our expertise developing high performance applications that scale since 2005.
Our Research and Development Centers are staffed with experienced software craftsmen that bring years of experience in all facets of development. Our methodologies for hybrid projects utilize onshore business analysts and project managers to create detailed plans aligned with your business strategy. Our talented offshore team located in Ukraine and Russia converts the plans into a tangible product. This approach gives you the best mix of western business practices with the cost savings of offshore talent.